2012 Yamaha RAIDER S
Stock Image: Nebulous Purple
Total Custom. Total Performance.
Some would like to build their own; some would rather ride. Either way we've got you covered. The 113-cubic-inch fuel-injected V-twin engine that powers it takes a back seat to no V-twin when it comes to power and reliability. And the rest of the chopper-inspired Raider S is pure Star, designed and engineered by the world's best bike builders. "S" model gets even more chrome: chrome triple clamps, fork sliders, air box cover, engine covers, headlight housing, handlebar risers, and more. Don't forget your shades.
• “S” model gets even more chrome: chrome triple clamps, fork sliders, air box cover, engine covers, headlight housing, handlebar risers, etc.
• A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a Star® Motorcycle—makes it possible to achieve that custom look as well as neutral handling and straight-line cruisability: 33-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 39 degrees and 102mm of trail.
• 5-spoke wheels carry a 120/70-21-inch bias tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 radial out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star.
• Estimated 42 mpg* means this cruiser can go the distance between fill-ups.
• 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, OHV with 4 valves per cylinder, pushrod 48-degree V-twin pumps out max torque at just 2500 rpm and max power at 4500 rpm for powerful, relaxed cruising.
• Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
• Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding reliability and longer engine life.
• 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
• Computer-controlled, twin-bore fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
• A 3.5-liter airbox is hidden in the area below the fuel tank for great performance and clean styling.
• Two-into-one-into-two exhaust with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside boosts torque in the 2500~3500-rpm range.
• Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
• All-aluminum cast frame is lightweight, rigid and tuned for light, athletic handling. A light, Controlled-Fill, aluminum swingarm casting complements the bike’s lithe style.
• Low, sculpted seat holds the rider in place, and pullback bars reach back to enforce a casual, urban cruising style.
• A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a street-legal Star Motorcycle—makes it possible to achieve that custom look as well as neutral handling and straight-line cruisability: 33-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 39 degrees and 102mm of trail.
• Custom 5-spoke wheels carry a 120/70-21-inch bias tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 radial out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star.
• 46mm fork tubes serve a sweet appearance and an excellent ride through 5.1 inches of wheel travel.
• A tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring preload out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
• Flangeless fuel tank carries a full 4.2 gallons of fuel.
• Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel, with a 310mm disc out back.
• Strong, light and narrow belt final drive contains embedded carbon fiber for even greater strength.
• Wiring harness uses super-slim wires for compactness, are lighter weight and switchgear wiring is routed inside the handlebar for a clean appearance.
• Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
• Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Raider S.
• Cool, tank-mounted instrumentation complements the custom look, and contains analog speedometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
• Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight, and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
• 02 sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
- Frame: Double cradle
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Swingarm; 3.5-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 310mm
- Tires / Front: 120/70-21
- Tires / Rear: 210/40-18
- Wheels: 5-spoke cast
- Length: 101.2 in
- Width: 36.4 in
- Height: 45.9 in
- Seat Height: 27.4 in
- Wheelbase: 70.9 in
- Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gal
- Fuel Economy: 42 mpg
- Wet Weight: 730 lb
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Type: 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled V-twin OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 100.0 x 118.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.48:1
- Fuel Delivery: Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection; throttle position sensor
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Engine Type
- V-twin. OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
- 113 cu.in. (1854 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 100 mm x 118 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Twin-Bore electronic fuel in.jection; throttle position sensor
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork; 5.1-in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm; 3.5-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 298 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 310 mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 70.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.2 gal.
- 42 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 730 lb.
- 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Standard: Analog
- Nebulous Purple
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)