2016 Honda CB 500F
Better Than Ever for 2016.
Honda’s twin-cylinder sportbikes revolutionized the world of motorcycling when they first appeared, and this latest generation—our 500 twins—are the best ever. Here’s what you need to know about the CB500F: It’s the most broad-spectrum of the 500 family, with minimal bodywork, a classic riding position, and a 30.9-inch seat height that fits a wide range of riders. Even though it’s just a couple of years old, for 2016, it gets some tasty updates both in terms of style and function.
The best part stays the same: the powerful twin-cylinder engine and its wide, user-friendly powerband. But for 2016, you get better shift feel thanks to some transmission upgrades, a new adjustable front-brake lever, a larger fuel tank, and preload-adjustable front suspension. And there’s more, too: The new headlight and crisper style you can see for yourself, but the new exhaust you’ll have to hear to appreciate.
The CB500F has always been an excellent choice for riders ready to move up a displacement class, or for anyone who appreciates a great middleweight motorcycle, and for 2016, it’s even better.
Classic Riding Position: You’ll appreciate the CB500F’s classic riding position—you can sit up straighter, without supporting your weight on your arms. It’s a great choice when you’re riding around town or commuting, and you can always tuck in tighter when you want to. Your passenger may find it more comfortable, too.
New Styling: Check out the CB500F’s new LED headlight, and then start working your way back. The CB500F embraces the concept of minimal bodywork, but what it shows off has been restyled for 2016, making this sharp bike even sharper.
Mechanical Upgrades: An adjustable front-brake lever, better shift feel, a crisper exhaust note—just because the CB500F is a newer model doesn’t mean our engineers haven’t been working hard to make it even better.
- DOHC Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the CB500F engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- New Exhaust: Another upgrade for 2016 is the CB500F’s shorter mass centralized exhaust. Internal changes give you a crisper exhaust note that you’re going to love.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A take on a classic construction, the CB500F’s diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension, nine-stage preload, and 4.7 travel give you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
- Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CB500F’s 12-spoke cast-aluminum wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another CB500F feature that just makes sense.
- Unique Style: Less is more when it comes to the CB500F, but for 2016, we’ve fine-tuned that look to freshen things up a bit. With its classic, clean, progressive style, the CB500F is a motorcycle that looks great while still providing incredible value and performance.
- LED Headlight: A new styling element for 2016, the CB500F’s LED headlight gives the front end a cutting-edge look and also projects plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: A full LCD blue-tinted screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Step Seat: The CB500F offers a step seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or out in the canyons, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- Rear Grips: Sturdy rear passenger grips offer a firm handhold for your passenger or tie-down points for smaller items.
- Engine Type: 471cc Liquid-Cooled Parallel-Twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 deg. (caster angle)
- Trail: 102 mm (4.01 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal.
- Curb Weight: 414.4 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel - ready to ride)
- Model Id: CB500F
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Matte Black Metallic/Silver
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.5 deg.
- 102 mm (4.01 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.4 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 414.4 lb.
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Matte Black Metallic/Silver